SECRETARIAT FOR LASALLIAN FAMILY AND ASSOCIATION
The Secretariat Lasallian Family and Association will assist the
Superior and General Council in the development of policy
and animation of the Institute as related to the Lasallian
Family and Association. The Secretariat will accompany
Lasallian groups on the road to a deeper understanding of
their roles in the Lasallian Mission. The Secretariat will also
study the Vow of Association in collaboration with other Secretariats
to enhance the Brothers’ understanding of the Vow.
- In cooperation with the Being Brothers Today Secretariat
and Lasallian Research and Resources Service, to reflect
on the place of the vow of Association in the identity of the Brother.
- To reflect on and evaluate the diverse forms of Association
in the Institute in order to understand and articulate
the meaning of Association among partners in our times.
- To accompany existing and emerging Lasallian groups on
the International level.
- To foster forms of Association and structures for Association
at all levels of the Institute.
Lines of Action
- To participate with other Secretariats and Services, and other experts in a reflection on the Vow of Association, its relationship to the other vows and the identity of the
- To analyze and evaluate the diverse experiences of association
at every level in order to highlight the essential elements
and processes of Association.
- To set up a working group to prepare a report to the Superior
and the Council with regard to juridical and canonical
questions related to new structures and the possible establishment
of an International Council of Lasallian Association
- To prepare with the MEL Secretariat for the Second International
Assembly on Mission and Association.
- To accompany existing Lasallian groups such as Signum
Fidei, Catechists and UMAEL and give attention to new
movements including Young Lasallians and Lasallian Volunteers.
- To create and animate formation sessions for Brothers
and Partners in cooperation with the Secretariat for Being
Brothers Today, the Service for Lasallian Research and Resources and the CIL team.
- To take the initiative to construct in the next two years a
possible model for the Lasallian Family as the General
Chapter proposed (Chapter 3, 3.3).
- To decide on the proposal to publish a collection of writings
on the Lasallian Family.
The Secretariat for Lasallian Family and Association is directed by a Coordinating
Secretary who works with and an international Council.
International Council for the Lasallian Family & Association
The Secretariat for Lasallian Family and Association is assisted by an
International Council composed of the Coordinating Secretary, the Co-Secretary and of members named from each Region of the Institute.